Friday, June 21, 2013

I'm all laced up and ready to go!

Hello loves.

After months and months of utter procrastination, I finally cracked and decided to REALLY start a blog about running.  


Yes, I love running. I love it so much that I can't go a day without talking about it. It's the first time I've said the words of how much I love the sport and it took about the same length of time to be sure how I felt about it as any new relationship. Now I've committed myself to saying that out loud and I have no regrets.

Of course there were times when I want to give up on my relationship with running, throw my trainers out and call it quits. But I also know that there are a lot of high points to come my way. It's a two-way relationship and you get out what you put into it.

Unlike some of the selfish boys I've known in my past, I know that if I make time to run regularly, running will give back to me. It will make me feel good about myself and will never stand me up.

I knew it was love on Saturday morning sometime in 2010 at about 9am. I was coming to the end of my first 5K Charity Run. It was the Terry Fox Run held in my home city, Kuala Lumpur. At first I wasn't sure if I could even finish the distance, but as I was approaching the finishing line, I knew it was going to be the beginning of something big.


Since that first run, my legs started to get faster and stronger. I was running flat out and nobody was getting in my way. I joined one race after another and got even more passionate about it everytime I crossed a finishing line. That's why I love running and I think running loves me too.

Welcome to my running blog.




XOXO

2 comments: