Call me lame, but I have never been to Phuket in my entire life - until our annual company trip earlier this month. I had no idea of how the island looks like (except that it has some nice beaches and, umm... plenty of dodgy massage parlours *cough* for the gentlemen). So when the company announced that we'd be flying off to Phuket for this year's trip, I had a mixed feeling about it! My mind then started thinking of the things I could do when I get there - and yes, of course.. running has to be part of the itinerary. 2 weeks leading up to the trip, I did some research, and googled "Running in Phuket".
The first link came up showed " Laguna Phuket International Marathon 2013".
My heart thumped.
I clicked on the link and looked at the date of the event right after the page finished loading.
It says "9 June 2013".
I stared blankly at the screen for a good 10 seconds. And it finally dawned on me that I will be in Phuket on the same weekend. AHMAGAWDDDDDD!!!!
So yes, the next thing I know, 2 weeks later I was already at the Race Expo with David, a colleague who also signed up for the run. Gotta say that the journey from Phuket's main area (like Patong) is quite a distance from the Laguna Resort where the event was held. The cab ride to get to the Race Expo on Saturday costs us THB800 for a return trip - just to for us to collect our race kit. :/
Here are some of the shots taken during the Race Expo:
![]() |
| Filling up a form after another. -_- |
Bib number check
The collection counters
Let's not talk about race day. Even finding our bib number was already rather challenging. -_-
Nope, I wasn't kidding.
(They finally managed to find my bib number after about 5 mins - and of course, with the bib already half crumpled). -_-
The Start/Finish line
After wandering around the booths of the event sponsors and partners at the Race Expo, we left Laguna Resort at about 3pm. As usual, as soon as I reached the hotel, I gathered my stuff for the next day. Excited!!!
Despite the huge office party going on that Saturday night, I had no choice but to dismiss early so that I could get enough rest for the next day. Boo.
I loaded myself pretty well during our big dinner that night and practically downed almost about a barrel of Pocari Sweat. :B
Race day report to be continued in Part 2.
Race day report to be continued in Part 2.
STAY TUNED.






You simply have to leave everything upon them once you discuss with them about the budget and then you will be totally amazed by seeing that how they plan your life’s most important day within the budget you gave them. event company phuket
ReplyDelete